Inside the Lemon Oak Studio

Friday, August 22, 2008

Art in Progress

In July, I went back to my hometown of Joplin, Missouri and while there Tricia and I embarked on some joint adventures. She had me traipsing around salvage yards, braving poison ivy, to pick up what her eye sees as potential artwork. Thank goodness for her artistic vision! It was enlightening to see the process she goes through from finding stuff to getting it put into artwork.

My son Kurt went with us on one of our "treasure hunts" as he likes to make his own creations. He found his own stuff and wouldn't let us touch it!
Here's Tricia cleaning the metal and one of our big piles of found rusty metal.




















We spent many hours working on art together and I spent many hours at my mom's house working on pieces alone. The first piece I finished sold in about 30 minutes on Etsy: Flowers in Polka Dots. At the railroad tracks I found this bent silver pipe that Tricia put a gorgeous flower into:
We haven't been very active in our shop over the summer, but we have lots and lots of artwork almost ready to stock the shop for the fall and holiday season that will be following. Stay tuned!

0 comments: